Poultry segment of Senegal
At VIV Europe 2018, the Interprofession Avicole du Senegal (IPAS) committee presented (in French):
- Situation and prospect of the poultry industry in Senegal
- Role and organization of the interprofessional poultry association IPAS
As a brief summary, poultry farming is a fast and efficient way to ensure the supply of Senegalese people with animal protein of high nutritional value at an extremely competitive price.
Poultry farming is a sector contributing to:
- Ensure food security;
- Fight against poverty;
- Create income for many families
- Providing jobs for youth and women
The IPAS serves as an advocate for the continuation of import suspension of poultry and the upgrading of the poultry sector.
Their current work include:
- Agreement to finance a network of training centers for poultry farming worth 7 billion FCFA between the State of Senegal / World Bank / AFD. "Poultry Cluster"
- Support from PDMAS for the...
Do you already have an account? Log in here