Unleash the potential in your Manufacturing Line - change how you blend
It’s the eternal
question for production managers: How to improve production efficiency and
With more and more product lines being launched, food and pharma manufacturers strive to maintain efficient and effective production practices despite more small batch size requests and tightening allergen regulations.
You might have spent weeks reviewing and tweaking your processes, but it’s difficult to know how to get the best ROI.
By moving from a fixed mixer to in-bin technology like Matcon’s Intermediate Bulk Containers (IBCs), you can create a more agile, adaptable production facility, giving you the edge on your competitors.
Here are just three of the ways the Matcon powder IBCs can give your production lines more flexibility.
Increased Blending Capacity
In traditional fixed mixer lines, mixers and the coupled formulation and packing equipment remains idle while the mixer is being filled or cleaned. We know that downtime is lost production opportunity, and our Matcon in-bin blending helps work around this.
Our powder Intermediate Bulk Containers are designed to be filled off-line and then become the blending vessel itself. This translates into a whole host of additional production benefits:
- Ability to run multiple processes concurrently. One IBC can be blending while the next is being filled. There’s no need for mixing to stop while you’re setting up, filling and emptying as with a fixed mixing system.
- Immediate changeovers. The inside of the IBC is the only product contact point, meaning the only changeover required is replacing the IBC. Time-consuming clean downs of the mixer after each batch are a thing of the past.
- Better small batch capability. With no more lengthy changeovers, it’s easy to run small batches for your customer to help develop their next great product.
Better Product Quality
Developed to help you make a consistent, quality product, batch after batch, our powder Intermediate Bulk Containers are:
- Designed with smooth internal surfaces which promote good mixing with traditionally difficult ingredients.
- Closed containers which means there...
Do you already have an account? Log in here