Common problems and solutions in the production of floating fish feed pellet
What are the defects of extruded feed pellet during processing?
After years of practical experience in production and continuous communication with customers, we have summarized the following twelve common problems and corresponding solutions for customers’ reference.
- The size and length of the feed pellets are uneven;
- Too many pores in the feed pellet;
- Feed pellets deformation;
- The hardness of the feed pellet is not enough;
- Poor water resistance and poor viscoelasticity in feed pellets;
- The feed pellet incision is irregular and oblique;
- Low feed pellet expansion;
- The feed pellets do not float;
- Feed pellets have different sizes at both ends;
- The feed pellets form a double-cut inner concave shape;
- Feed pellets with tails;
- Peeling on the feed pellet surface;
Solutions for defects in extruded fish pellet feed
After years of constant communication with customers, our floating fish food pellet machine has won the approval and trust of the customers with its excellent performance, advanced technology, and good reputation.
1. The size and length of the feed pellets are uneven
Feed pellets are of different sizes and lengths, which not only affect the appearance of the feed but also affect its palatability and water resistance time inconsistency, resulting in unnecessary waste.
2. Too many pores in the feed pellet
Particles with many pores and rough appearance not only affect the appearance of the feed, but also the feed is easily broken into powder during transportation, causing unnecessary waste. It is not easy to sink during the feeding process, and the floating time is too long.
3. Feed pellets deformation
The deformation of the particles may be due to the deformation of the die hole, or due to excessive moisture, which is squeezed and deformed during the conveying process when the die is extruding. Therefore, it is best to use pneumatic conveying for the high-temperature extruded feed that has just been released from the mold, which can not only quickly form a layer of colloidal coating on the surface of the particles, reduce the fragmentation of the particles, but also round the shape of the particles. However, the moisture content of the particles during pneumatic transportation is very heavy, and it needs to be dried as soon as possible.
4. The hardness of the feed pellet is not enough
Feed hardness is the resistance of feed to deformation caused by external pressure. Insufficient feed hardness will cause deformation of the feed during handling, thereby affecting the appearance of the feed. As a result, the feed is dissolved in the water before it is ingested, or it may be because the water is large, the feed is not easy to store, and it is prone to mildew.
Do you already have an account? Log in here