Biofloc Technology For Fish Farming
Biofloc fish farming, is a biofloc technology for fish farming. Fish feed extruder is the indispensable equipment to make fish feed pellets, Zhengzhou Fusmar Machinery is a professional fish feed machine manufacturer.
What Is Biofloc Technology
Biofloc is a system for removing waste from water. It has previously been used to treat water coming into farms. This is done to ensure that no diseases are transmitted. The technique uses a good set of bacteria. These are probiotics. These probiotics can kill harmful bacteria. To maintain water quality. They also have the ability to convert nitrogen from water into protein.
What Is Biofloc
Biofloc is the fusion of different substances. Here, a large number of particles adhere to each other and form a flocculent. Bacteria, protozoa, algae, organic sludge, or uneaten fish feed may be present. The mucus secreted by the bacteria keeps all the particles flocculent. Sometimes the electrostatic force helps them hold together.
How Biofloc Is Useful In Fish Farming
The main downside of in-depth fish culture in ponds is to take care of the water quality. Before biofloc method was to recycle 100% of the water oftentimes. However, in some places, water isn’t a gift in abundance. Also, the replacement of the previous water with a new one disturbs the expansion of fish. Thus biofloc came to unravel of these difficulties.
The main agent that obstructs fish growth is ammonia, solely a fish farmer is aware of however cruel will ammonia be. In biofloc fish farming, we tend to use probiotics. It utilizes the ammonia from the tank and grows in numbers by a replica. In due course of getting ready for their colony, they convert the harmful ammonia and stuff into proteins. The fishes on the tanks eat these proteins. As a result, the quantity of fish feed pellets given to the fishes decreases. They’re already feeding the proteins from the flocs. So, the feeding price decreases by 20%-30%.
Benefits Of Biofloc Culture System
1. Eco-friendly culture system.
2. It reduces environmental impact.
3. Improves land and water use efficiency.
4. Limited or zero water exchange.
5. Higher productivity (It enhances survival rate, growth performance, feed conversion in the culture systems of fish).
6. Higher bio-security.
7. Reduces water pollution and the risk of introduction and spread of pathogens.
8. Cost-effective fish feed production.
9. It reduces the utilization of protein-rich feed and the cost of standard feed.
Disadvantages Of Biofloc Technology
1. Increased energy requirement for mixing and aeration.
2. Reduced response time because water respiration rates are elevated.
3. The start-up period required.
4. Alkalinity supplementation required.
5. Increased pollution potential from nitrate accumulation.
6. Inconsistent and seasonal performance for sunlight-exposed systems.
A good nutritional value was found in biologic. Dry weight protein ranges from 25-50% and fat from 0.5-15%. It is a good source of vitamins and minerals, especially phosphorus. It also ACTS like probiotics. It is recommended that dried biological flocs be used instead of fish meal or soy in the fish feed pellet.
Biofloc Technology For Breeding White Shrimp
In the early stage of shrimp culture, the cultivation of planktonic algae by fertilizer and water is an indispensable technical measure. This is because the traditional shrimp farming model relies on phytoplankton to purify water. The photosynthesis of phytoplankton can increase dissolved oxygen in water, and its growth and reproduction can synthesize algae organisms using nitrogenous waste. Many algae and zooplankton can directly or indirectly become bait for shrimp. However, in the middle and late stages of shrimp culture,...
Do you already have an account? Log in here